Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Summer! -

Now that the chaos has died down, I finally have some free time to update everyone on what has been the best three weeks EVER! As you all know, Brian returned to us on June 9th. Charlie and I traveled to the Atlanta airport to pick him up early that morning. The hugs and kisses didn't stop until we had to say goodbye on the 28th. We started things off with a cookout at our house his first night home. Many friends and family came to visit, including a surprise visit from good buddy Josh. The next week was spent hanging out at home, learning how to be a "hands-on" daddy and catching up on sleep. We then packed our new car to the max (dog and all) and made way for Dothan where we had a fun weekend with my mom, dad, and brother. The boys enjoyed a much needed reunion game of RISK while us girls went to a movie. Brian received a guitar from my parents, grandparents, and Nana and David so some of the weekend was spent learning chords. Brian also enjoyed his first Father's Day with his baby girl, which was a lot of fun. We proceeded to pack the car back up and head across town to the Mainwarings' house to introduce Charlie to her great grandma Rogie! Brian and Jeff decided a deep sea fishing trip was a must, so we packed up the RV and headed to Destin, FL where we enjoyed the beach and the boys went fishing and scuba diving. Brian and I split from the family and spent the second half of the week with our dear friends, Josh and Sarah. All of us met back up in Dothan, along with my parents, grandparents, Uncle Brad, and Brian's Aunt Laura, Uncle Doug, and Aunt J (all of which were meeting Charlie for the first time). With all this family around, we decided to go ahead and throw a baptism in the mix along with a big family style barbecue. During these events Charlie met new friends Megan, Jansen, and Laura. Old friends also came to visit too (Sarah S. and Rexanne). It was a HUGE day for her! We really enjoyed seeing everyone. Brian, Charlie, and I came back to Columbus the following week to wind down. We were fortunate to spend our anniversary together (3 years). Sarah S. babysat while Brian took me out to a very nice dinner at Callaway Gardens. On Saturday (the 28th) we took him back to the airport and said goodbye. It was hard to let him go after such a wonderful three weeks together. He is a great dad, very good at taking care of Charlie. It was nice to have my other half back and at my side for a little while. I forgot what it was like to have him around to help out. Now I know what I'm missing again. So, here we are back in the swing of things. I'm back at work, finishing up the summer and preparing for my next group of kiddies. Charlie is in daycare now. She is adjusting well and making new baby friends (which is so funny to watch). Brian is back in Baghdad where he should be promoted to captain any moment now. Woo Hoo! Only 8 more months to go until the family is reunited again!

Love to all of you!
































This post was written at 5:09 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Us
Brian, Charlie, Cooper, and I live in Niceville, FL with our dog, Duke. Brian is currently a captain in the Army, and I teach 2nd grade at Rocky Bayou Christian Academy. Life is good!

Archives