Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all! -

Playing in her "Jenny Jump-Up"
My Nana made this hat and some booties that match. She looks so cute in it!
Mommy and Charlie playing around with the camera.
Two of the Tide's biggest fans!
"When I grow up, I want to go to the University of Alabama."
Bet you didn't know I could play the trumpet!

Charlie is now eating big girl food...this is her first bite of cereal.

On Sundays we are Redskins fans...like Daddy.

"Yeah, I know I'm cute."
I finally found some spare time to give a quick update on the life of the Mainwarings. It's hard to believe October is already here! Time is flying by so fast, but still seems to creep by as we wait for Daddy to come home. Since my last post, I have been to visit my brother in Tuscaloosa, traveled to Birmingham to watch Brad Paisley in concert, drove to Dothan to catch up with some girlfriends and celebrate my parents anniversary, and watched Alabama climb the rankings to what could very well be their 13th National Championship. However, I will not get too excited just yet...once thing's for sure though-Auburn's streak is over this year. The TIDE is turning. :-) In case you don't know, this is the year for Crimson and White...wear it with pride. Speaking of the future of Alabama...Charlie is growing more each day. She has TWO bottom teeth (sharp as nails), and she has begun to crawl (backwards). She smiles and laughs a thousand times a day. The funniest thing is to watch her talk to Duke. Duke pays her no attention, while she desperately wants him to love her. She will lay on the floor in front of him and tell him her life story, and Duke stares up and the ceiling and sighs. I predict he'll give in to her cuteness eventually. I've already caught him sleeping beside her crib a few times. I am falling in love with my new class. They make me laugh every day with their fantastic ability to say anything and everything that comes to mind. Brian is still taking care of business in Iraq. We are counting down the months/weeks/days now. Hopefully, February will be here soon. However, we are looking forward to an early return for Uncle Todd-o. It will be nice to have him back again. With that said, Bob (Sarah's husband) is returning as well. This means Sarah is moving back to Kentucky, which deeply saddens me. It has been so easy to move through this deployment with a friend like Sarah. The next few months will be harder without her, no doubt about it. Oh please let February get here soon! I must go to bed now...the morning comes so early these days. Please keep in touch and let me know how all of you are doing. I miss you all tons!



Lots of love...


This post was written at 8:22 PM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Us
Brian, Charlie, Cooper, and I live in Niceville, FL with our dog, Duke. Brian is currently a captain in the Army, and I teach 2nd grade at Rocky Bayou Christian Academy. Life is good!

Archives