
Well, folks, it's almost over! Brian is almost home. We got the 72 hour notice call yesterday...which I guess makes it official. We are flying to Alexandria, Louisiana Friday night (tomorrow!) to welcome him home. Wow, it's been a long journey. I am so glad the end is in sight. It will definitely be nice to have him back, and Charlie will finally be complete with a mommy AND a daddy around to spoil her.
Over the past month or so, we have been very busy as most of you have with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. We enjoyed another perfect turkey dinner at my grandma and grandpa's house, fit with all the trimmings. Charlie enjoyed some mashed potatoes! By the way, we are beginning to introduce solid foods now. She loves everything except meat flavored baby food! We might have a future vegetarian on our hands!
Christmas was wonderful! We started things off with a party at my parents house, where Charlie and I enjoyed visiting with Rexanne, Megan, and family. We spent Christmas Eve with Granna, Papa John, Uncle Todd, and Uncle Jeff. This is when the spoiling began....Charlie opened her MANY presents. Christmas morning we woke up to lots of presents from Santa. Charlie must have been good, because she got more than everyone else...figures, everyone else likes her the most, Santa must too. We spent the day at my grandparents house having brunch and opening presents....yes, Charlie opened more presents. That evening we ended up in Anniston, AL where we had dinner and opened more presents at my Papa's house. Charlie opened more presents! Believe it or not, I still have several more presents for Charlie here and my house...waiting to be opened when Brian returns. So, it's safe to say she had a great Christmas filled with lots of love and a tiny bit of spoiling.
Speaking of Charlie, she is growing more and more every day. I can't believe she used to be a tiny baby. She is in to EVERYTHING! She pulls up on tables, climbs in shelves, pulls things off shelves, pulls things off tables, she is the most curious child I have ever seen. Because of this, she is quickly learning the word "No". The talking has continued...we have gone beyond just "Dada". Now she says "Bye bye", and "Mama". Her smile is just as beautiful as ever! She will occasionally give away kisses, but only when in a good mood (most of the time, she plays hard-to-get).
That is all I have for now. We will posting again soon...hopefully with lots of pictures of a reunion with DADDY!!! Lots of love to all of you and hope you all have a very happy 2009!!!