Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Long Time No See... -

Waiting for Daddy to come home!
At last!
"Oh, Hi, Dad."

Group Hug!

Charlie loves her Darcy!

Holding on to Granna's jacket.

Playing on the beach with Uncle Todd and Darcy.

Riding the horsey that Chuck made for the Mainwaring boys.

My favorite picture from Christmas.


Nana made her adorable dress!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Charlie didn't like it very much.


Throwing snowballs!

First time I've ever seen it snow in the south...our house was covered!

Dude Ranch outside of Vegas...notice the prop in the background.

Enjoying a piano bar in Vegas.

On our way to Vegas!

Yay Charlie!!!

It has been awhile, and as most of you know things have been so wonderfully busy for us the past few months. Brian is FINALLY home! We (John, Debbie, Charlie, and I) traveled to Louisiana to greet him back in January. Since then, each weekend has been spent traveling somewhere. We've been all over the place: Dothan, Lake Charles, Las Vegas, Kentucky/Tennessee, Tuscaloosa, and Panama City. Things are getting back to normal now, as we are hoping Brian might return for the Mortar Leader Course at Ft. Benning for a month and then he should be ready to move permanently from Ft. Polk to Ft. Benning for the Career Course (which will last until the end of the year). He is pursuing the Special Forces route after the Career Course, so we will have to wait and see what happens next with that new adventure!

Charlie is growing so fast. Her first birthday is next month. Last weekend we finished putting together her invitations. She's started walking now. It is so funny watching her wobble around. Obviously, it's still easier to plop down and crawl, but she's slowly getting the hang of it. We are eating lots of table food now. She always wants what is on our plates! So far, no allergies and there is not a whole lot she doesn't like.

I'm still teaching Pre-K at St. Luke. It's getting closer to the end of the year, so things are starting to wrap up. I always enjoy this part of the year because this is when I get to squeeze in the fun stuff. The hard work is just about done, so we do lots of art and games. It's so much fun going to work and getting play!

In February, Brian and I went the Las Vegas with our friends Bob and Sarah. It was trip I planned to surprise Brian with. It was so much fun, and we are hoping to get back out there again someday! Later that month we went to see Todd's new bachelor pad in Clarksville, TN. It was really neat to see how an old high school would look as an apartment building! The following weekend we went to see Dustin in Tuscaloosa. Mom and I went to the Alabama gymnastics meet, which was awesome. A couple weeks ago, we (Brian, Charlie, Duke, and I) went to visit Josh, Sarah, and Sydney Driggers in Panama City. It was great getting to hold baby Syd and visit our good friends.

Next month we have a lot going on: Charlie's birthday, Easter, my birthday, and a possible trip to Disney World!!! I'll be in touch!




This post was written at 3:33 AM

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All About Us
Brian, Charlie, Cooper, and I live in Niceville, FL with our dog, Duke. Brian is currently a captain in the Army, and I teach 2nd grade at Rocky Bayou Christian Academy. Life is good!

Archives